- SLEEP Sleep is a silent healer. Sleep before midnight is far more valuable for rejuvenation than after midnight.
- AVOID Avoid alcohol, tobacco and reduce the intake of caffeinated beverages. Caffeinated beverages contain chemical components that can increase anxiety and stress.
- LAUGH! Laughter is beneficial to health. It stimulates the immune system, costs nothing and happens to be contagious. Eat warm meals. Cold foods are more difficult to digest. Eat warm soups as an appetizer more often to stimulate digestion and strengthen the immune system.
- SAY NO! Learn to say NO. People unable to say No will often feel drained, stressed, and overwhelmed. We cannot be everything to everyone.
- LANGUAGE Choose your words carefully. Language influences the mind as well as the body. Instead of telling yourself: “Today, I must finish this” say “Today, I am finishing this”. Positive affirmations will not only motivate but also energize you.
- EXERCISE A regular exercise routine is best to de-stress but leave at least 2 hours between exercise and bedtime.
- MASSAGE Massage your feet at least once a day: In the morning, (for stimulation), during the day (to redirect energy from your head down into the feet), and before bedtime (relaxation).